Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I will probably be visiting a buddy of mine who lives in Longmont/Boulder area next april. I just wanted to see what rivers/creeks would be suggested for a first time visit.What to run,possible to rent /borrow gear/boats? Anyone available to play guide/ambassador for a day or 2? I can buy the beers.:D

I have been paddeling for 4 years and have solid 3+/4 skills. I have done a little class 5 but that is not my comfort zone. Prefer creeky runs over play rivers but play boating is alot of fun to.

Appreciate any feed back you guys can throw out.

·
Registered
509 Posts
April is a little early for the Front Range. You might find Foxton running, there will surely be water in Waterton, otherwise look to the Arkansas or Colorado Rivers (Shoshone in particular), which are a couple hours away. The Piedra may be running, but that is five+ hours away. Definitely be flexible and consider going skiing instead, since you're more likely to find good skiing than boating in April.

·
Registered
11 Posts
eastern co fun

two words: COW TIPPING!, and I'll let you buy the beers too. Maybe take a night to watch the movie Tommy Boy for some tips.

see ya next spring

1 - 3 of 3 Posts