Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't wait for spring runoff. Does anyone know when the dam regulators/ river gods will release some snowmelt? I feel like going to Long Draw to do it myself. :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
Patience

Patience is a virtue. The longer it holds now the longer the season will last. This is more of a factor for those of us who will be rafting in august regardless of flows. Anyway they won't release until the water starts flowing into the resevoirs. They are currently full, and when the snow melts up high we'll get water down here. I am personally hoping they hold onto the water as long as possible.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I propose a late night mission with some bolt cutters to open some headgates up there. Turn on the damn river! :twisted:

·
Registered
4 Posts
patience patience patience

There is enough water within an hours drive from the Pourde that is running now. We all want to paddle everyday in our own backyards but wiating pays off. Holding Poudre water until June 15th, or even July 1 would make the season last long enough for all of us to justify our new boats. Paddle the Creek, or in Golden, or even in Lyons. By the time the Poudre is running you will really appreciate the greatness of the Poudre.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yeah Whatever! I want it now. I don't want to drive to those other crappy little front range trickles. Turn it on NOW! :x

·
Registered
685 Posts
I was always told that a good portion of the water on the Poudre is dam controlled and that it is usually turned on 2nd week of May? Is this true?

·
Registered
786 Posts
water get diverted before filter plant on occasion and the north fork comes in at the actual filter plant so the rock reading, which is how I judge everything can sometimes be off, but im sure you can scrape down at 2'

·
Registered
276 Posts
I seen some people today floating it, talked to em at the takeout and they said it was a lil bumpy on the way down, but floatable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts