Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy happy buzzards, I hope you are having an absolutely wonderful last couple days of 2021!!! How many of my AZ, NM duderinos are keeping an eye on this storm? May get some boatable flows on the mighty upper Salt and would love to rally for an overnight trip with some folks that want to kick the 2022 boating year off right...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
keep your eye on the gauges man there is definitely a possibility of flows saturday-monday...should have a little better idea of what things are looking like friday evening.

I see you are from Colorado, would be a long haul for not knowing if it will run or not. if it runs ill be there and you are welcome to join.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like Major stormyness headed for the Salt headwaters. Check those gauges.
Yes precisely!!! The surge I was looking for is coming later than predicted but might get in for a Sunday-Monday wilderness trip... doing my rain dance

·
Registered
32 Posts
Boatable flows 800-10,000 CFS per American Whitewater.

my 2k post above was usgs Salt near Roosevelt
You all probably noticed that www.cbrfc.noaa.gov has updated their data presentation with instantaneous flows in addition to their 5-day predictive data.
And at some point they added the function (new to me) where you can click on the initial graph and see an expanded graph where you can look hour by hour/day by day with your cursor.
Great for looking ahead in the predictive data for daytime water patterns at Chrysotile (Salt River Canyon putin water) or any other site on their basin gauge map! Now we have instantaneous data with predictive flow data in the same place... A BIG thanks to the creative designers/implementers of the Colorado River Basin River Forecast!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ran a couple laps on the daily section o. Sunday, couldn't get anyone to commit to the wilderness run so no shuttle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts