Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the obvious (Gore, S. Canyon, Shoshone, etc.) what rivers or AREAS are susceptible to run during April? I know the New Mexico rivers usually run early but I am thinking more along the lines of the obscure and unusual. Class IV - V range?? Is this still too early?

·
Registered
911 Posts
I would thnk that Bear Creek should be going here real soon. It should run pretty stout too.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree...i think Bear Creek will run, but I don't know if it will be that big.....echo lake is only 80% of average which is near the headwaters that feeds Bear Creek. Do you know when historically it started running....i can't remember? I thought more like early May.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I think last year we started running her in mid to late april and it lasted until mid may. If it comes up over 250 its a kick in the pants.

Kent

·
Registered
335 Posts
I here some dude's bobbin for turds down at Union at 27 cfs,just kidding.
Craw, lets hope Bear Crk. comes up soon,as soon as it hits 85 cfs i'm elfin that bad boy.Lefthand usually runs in late April.
Johnny W. want something obscure in your neck of the woods that might run early,Turkey Creek , the new benchmark for micro creekin ,run by only a handful of people,pretty damn small.Last year Plum crk. reached 1300 cfs I have no idea whats there but with that much water there might be something,runs a little early.
15-30 inches new snow forecasted down south maybe a short lived run off in NO. N.MEX.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts