Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of Rossi Sickbirds 185/98. What kind of skins should I buy?

Thanks,

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
look at the g3 line

i must say that i have been very disappointed with black diamond’s new skin design. The tip attachment system is pretty jank it uses 3 small screws to attach the ring to the skin itself. I have saw 3 pairs break just last season. The screws pulled out of the skin, the big problem with them is that once this happens there is no excess skin to reattach them. With their old design there was an excess of skin to help fix a break or adjust for new ski length. G3 makes a skin with this old design called the expedition, I have also been pleased with their alpinist skin, the grip is superior to the expedition and the tip attachment will work on any ski tip that I have seen including the super wide square tip on most moment skis. the downside is that the alpenist is about $10 more then the expedition. They also offer a twin tip adapter for the tail attachment that grips rounded tails very well. Good luck with your discussion and happy skinning

·
Registered
293 Posts
I like my G3 skins, had them for 3 years now and abuse the hell outta them...they're barely losing their grip and the glue is awesome. I have skinned over quite a bit of bare ground without doing much to them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
People loves the climbingskinsdirect.com- made in 'Merica too, me thinks. I just ordered some clipskins (clipskins.com)- they have a guarantee so if they suck I'll send 'em back. There are a few threads over on telemarktips.com that can give you some info. I had good luck with G3 Alpinists.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts