Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
You mean other than that guy hopping around the sandbar with a scrub brush up his backside saying “I’m a bunny”?
Oh my... . That painted a mental picture I could have gone my entire life without seeing LOL

Reactions: jpurkiss

·
Registered
142 Posts
Here’s one from Baum Lake in CA. I was rowing my drift boat ashore (turned around backwards), when my front passenger said, ”stop rowing! Reverse!” I turned around and this cat was just staring at us. We dropped anchor and watched him, watching us; for like 30 min. I wasn’t too keen to get out of the boat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Once, on Brown’s Canyon, below Zoom, I rounded the corner the see these two stunningly attractive blonde folks (one male one female) who looked like they were clipped out of a Polo catalog knee deep in the water, butt naked, fly fishing.
Personally, when I’m in the nude is the last time I need small metal hooks flying through the air.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Three frogs (or toads?) floating down the Salmon River in Idaho on top of each other piggy back style - large one on the bottom, medium on in the middle the small one on top. They floated that way for about 1/4 mile before getting to the side of the river. My kids were young and thought it was the coolest thing at the time.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Pulled into a very tight eddy in a kayak, only to see a rattlesnake on a rocky ledge close by my right elbow. It had a fish lodged longways in its mouth. The fish was too fat to go past the joint of the snake's jaws, and the slant of the snake's teeth evidently wouldn't let it let go.

Sat there for a surprised few moments, watching the snake shake its head violently back and forth trying to dislodge the fish. Promptly peeled out not wanting to be anywhere near an angry pit viper if it managed to dislodge the fish.

Rich Phillips

·
Premium Member
2,214 Posts
Pulled into a very tight eddy in a kayak, only to see a rattlesnake on a rocky ledge close by my right elbow. It had a fish lodged longways in its mouth. The fish was too fat to go past the joint of the snake's jaws, and the slant of the snake's teeth evidently wouldn't let it let go.

Sat there for a surprised few moments, watching the snake shake its head violently back and forth trying to dislodge the fish. Promptly peeled out not wanting to be anywhere near an angry pit viper if it managed to dislodge the fish.

Rich Phillips
I call bullshit, they don't make kayaks big enuf for your shall we say, large frame lol

·
Registered
43 Posts

Rich Phillips
In the Grand Canyon one of our boats saw a rattlesnake fall into the river. At first they rowed away from it as it swam toward their boat. About 1/2 mile or so downstream they see it floating belly side up and obviously close to drowning. They fished it out with a paddle and left it on a nice warm sandbar. This obviously pleased the river gods and we were blessed a rare down-canyon wind the rest of the afternoon.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts