Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a blue Liquid Logic boat and I am loosing mass amounts of plastic, more than any other color boat I have had. I've been told by someone that works at Mountain Miser that blue is the strongest and red is the weakest. Then I've got my buddy who paddles a yellow boat telling me that it's the strongest color.
Does it depend on the manufacturer or does the color really make a difference?

·
Registered
13 Posts
The blue plastic is basically the hardened version of play-doh. Unless you like purchasing a new boat each season, I would go with the yellow. At least I know who's plastic is covering all those rocks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bet the shops are all saying blue is the strongest just so they can move their inventory. The Miser has a ton of blue boats for sale.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Kevin,
What is your basis for saying yellow is the strongest? I used to manufacture plastic vibrators back in Texas, 90% percent of the ones that broke off in a woman's vagina were yellow or cream colored. The blue and green ones hardly ever got sent back to us.
The only reason you got a yellow boat was to make it easier to find after you swim.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The vibrator reference makes sense now, didn't the local paddling community refer to you as "PoopDog"? Makes perfect sense why you moved to Colorado.
The color blue that they add to the plastics interrups the Divinylbenzene monomer, this has the unwanted effect of weakening the covalent bonds in the process. This is why your plasitc is pealing of like an onion and will eventually crack; probably this weekend.
Was that you last weekend I saw portaging and sucking on a popcicle? I never figured out where you got that blueberry popcicle in the middle of no where.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Damn "The Priest," you just got smoked!! Don't sweat it though, Kevin has sent back plenty of yellow vibrators that broke off in his ass. He didn't even have the courtesy to wipe the dingleberrys off it, what a dick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
da colour shouldnt matter its wat material and wat ratio of da different plastic used in it.da only way it could matter is if they added a someting in with different pigments dat colour da plastic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts