Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.6%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have some older jacks tubes that are ugly but solid. I'm thinking of urethane coating them but I'm having trouble deciding on the color. Although I can't decide, there are some color that I HATE and I'm surprised at how many of them I seen on the river. It got me thinking about overall color preferences so what is yours? You can choose more than one.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm surprised at the current lead being white. For those of you that have them are they difficult to keep clean? Are some materials easier to keep clean in white?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
My buddy has a white Sotar and he says he will never go back to any other color. I went with a custom Caribbean green and I love it- stays cool, minimum pressure change throughout the day.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bright colors are a lot easier to see and find in a wrap.
I bought an Aire cat that is purple. It would not be my first choice, but it is not bad.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
My boat is orange and I like it a lot, but I tried REALLY hard to get sotar to make me a tan SL - that would be ultimate for me. I really liked their tan color, but no go. They just wouldn't do it - I really never got a good reason why. My orange is great, not overly affected by the sun, easy to see, easily identifiable - great second choice.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
My buddy has a white Sotar and he says he will never go back to any other color. I went with a custom Caribbean green and I love it- stays cool, minimum pressure change throughout the day.

I like that color a lot too, except when it was on the wall of the first house I bought... we called it "institution green" harkening back to grade school for me and hospitals for my wife.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Word of advice: don't get a black raft. I got the mini-max neo, which I love, and saved 300 bucks. It gets HOT! It's not the surface heat that is the problem (river water solves that). The problem is that heating up causes HUGE pressure changes. I keep it inflated in my garage and transport it on the roof of my truck so I have to bleed a lot of air out every time I transport it and top it off at the river in the water. Great boat and I have no regrets, but if I had to do it over again I would drop that extra 300.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I like that color a lot too, except when it was on the wall of the first house I bought... we called it "institution green" harkening back to grade school for me and hospitals for my wife.
It's a little lighter/softer in person. When I lived in florida, my first flats boat was that color. Boat's named "Largo"

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you vote "other" please let us know what color it is. I'm interested in what I missed. Thanks everyone.

·
Jared
733 Posts
My boat is orange and I like it a lot, but I tried REALLY hard to get sotar to make me a tan SL - that would be ultimate for me. I really liked their tan color, but no go. They just wouldn't do it - I really never got a good reason why. My orange is great, not overly affected by the sun, easy to see, easily identifiable - great second choice.
I could have bad intel on this but I think they had a certain amount of the tan material and when they ran out, that was it. I don't think they have any of it anymore. I could be wrong. I can't find color choices on their new website to confirm that.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Bright colors are a lot easier to see and find in a wrap.
I bought an Aire cat that is purple. It would not be my first choice, but it is not bad.
Trying to imagine this scenario. Hey bob I just wrapped my raft you seen it anywhere? For the guy asking about the tan sotars.They had a government contract in the early 2000s and bought a couple thousand yards of that material. What was left they sold as the sp line for 20 percent off their standard colors. They are ugly as hell but float. Just looking at mine pisses me off. Then again that new aire puke green is pretty bad too.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
SOTAR-Tan-Military contract - yeah, I've heard that story, but when I wanted them to make one they wouldn't - they didn't say they were out, just said it was only for SP's...which they didn't even market at the time. I thought it was strange they wouldn't do it. As for ugly - that's an eye of the beholder type thing. I hunt out of the boat abit and that tan blends in well with the dead grass lining the rivers around here in the fall but no matter now - they can see me from two miles away - gives 'em fair warning!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'd like to see the outcome of that infamous military contract.....

·
Registered
610 Posts
I think raft color should be semi-dependent on what type of cooler you're using, as well as cooler placement, and whether or not you drain the excess water.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I had a camo raft and absolutely loved it. I paid a little extra to get it. It has some advantages and disadvantages. I had to hitch a shuttle while alone a few times and it was nice to be able to hide all my gear better. Of course every 3rd person has to make a dumb joke about how they can't see you. I'm shocked so many people like a blue boat. Boring! I have one, but that's just because that was what they had, it was ~$500 less as a closeout.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts