Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what the level is at "the rock" on the Poudre right now?
I've heard of "the rock report" - if anybody can tell me how to sign up for it, I won't have to make this post again.
:)
Thanks, all.
-Mike

·
Registered
480 Posts
"What does the Rock say"? "Come to Castle Rock for a great deal". :roll: I saw it on TV so it must be true.

For the Poudre Rock Report just click on FLOWS above and scroll down to the mailing lists. Click on the Poudre visual reports and sign up for your daily email of the rock level.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The gauge height listed on the phateye flow page for the poudre uses the calculation for cfs to rock. It is generally within .2-.3 feet of the rock report.

--Chris

·
Registered
465 Posts
Chris, what up? I just thought I might point out that the cfs gauge you mention is below a fairly major diversion and inflow from the North Fork of the Poudre. Because of this, the true level of the river above filter plant is sometimes completely different from the cfs reading from said gauge, or any calculation inferred from that reading. Hence the rock report.

Id725, to sign up for the rock report go here:
http://mountainbuzz.com/streamflows/poudre/

·
Registered
45 Posts
frenchy said:
Chris, what up?
Hey Frenchy, Mostly skiing...up to 43.

I just thought I might point out that the cfs gauge you mention is below a fairly major diversion and inflow from the North Fork of the Poudre. Because of this, the true level of the river above filter plant is sometimes completely different from the cfs reading from said gauge, or any calculation inferred from that reading. Hence the rock report.
I am aware of this, I've also watched over the years that by adding .1 foot per week to the calculation seems to take care of the diversion stuff.

So at the beginning of the season it starts:

1.5053 * log(dnrFlows[PdrMth]->flow) - 6.7558 - 0.4

by mid/late June it's:

1.5053 * log(dnrFlows[PdrMth]->flow) - 6.7558 + 0.3

I watch TheRockReport(tm) and adjust accordingly. Good enough for the Part Time Poudre Paddler. The Core Poudre Paddler will obviously get TheRockReport(tm).

--Chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts