Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think about circa 2000 NRS Otters? Any durability issues from that time period or are they pretty solid boats? Did they have C7 valves by then?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I see Otters here and along with a lot of E-Series still being used commercially on the Ark from Browns down to the Gorge. They look to be going strong lots from the mid 90s too. Kinda crazy when you think of a 2000 model doesn't sound that old but is already 15!

·
Registered
746 Posts
A few years back an NRS rep told me they stopped using Halkey-Roberts valves and started using Leafield sometime in 1995. They started using the C7 valves in 1999.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ours has Halkey Roberts valves so pre 1995 and was a great raft for a long time. We just replaced it this year, but it still holds air and we plan on giving it to the kids. Replaced it mostly because our kids got bigger we needed a bigger raft.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Spence - that uiuc tag in your handle mean you're an Illinois grad? Or something else entirely?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
157 Posts
Alum as well, undergrad and masters. Grew up there also, Centennial 92! You?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Prolly should PM me, save these poor souls from having to read our texts about Shampoo-Banana...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts