Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a used ws siren boat I can purchase and just want some feedback if you think this would be a good match. I have taken a few lessons and can roll pretty consistant. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Go for it

It's a little on the aggressive side (as far as being a slicey playboat), but I'm a big proponent of getting a boat with a longer learning curve. Get a boat that may be challenging to begin with, but one that you can enjoy beyond the first season. Plus you'll advance faster as a paddler with a boat like the Siren. It's also a boat that has decent resale value, so you can sell it later for not much less than you paid for it....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you think a good used price for one is?
thanks for the reply
do you have any good suggestions of rivers for beginners (i have been to several playparks) that some friends and I could go to. I live in denver as well. Maybe somewhere you can camp
Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
My girlfriend (115 lbs.) paddled a siren and thought it was the easiest boat she's ever rolled -- a good thing because she kept catching an edge and flipping!

The siren is a good fast river running playboat, and will teach you good skills. But you will always have to be on your toes. It's also a bit long for small feature playing and surfing. If you can get it for under $450, buy it and sell it at the end of the summer when the mini-EZ is released. This will no doubt be the best woman's river running playboat on the planet.

You also can't go wrong with Wavesport's fit.

Dav

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't know too much about the boat, but a great beginner run is the Upper Colorado. Put in at Rancho Del Rio and take out at State bridge. If that goes well, maybe do Radium to Rancho or Pump house to Rancho (longer trip). There's camping at pumphouse and State Bridge.

After that, maybe the filter plant section on the Poudre or Green Mt. Res. put in on the Blue (runs in late season).

cheers

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
by mini ez, do you mean the ezg?

·
Registered
2 Posts
They are one in the same. Before it got on the market Wave Sport was thinking of calling it a "mini" EZ. They named it an ezg because it's a cross between an EZ and a ZG (obviously). I just bought the boat at the end of the season, I'm 5'2" and 107 pounds. I've been in it several times and so far I love it. The only problem I've heard is that for some people their shins hit the bow- so it's a good idea to demo or at least sit in one if you're interested. They are brand new boats so they don't come cheap. You might be able to find some next season for a little less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts