Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a picture of, in my opinion, a douche bag raft guide. I am wondering what you all think? Please check out the picture of the "douche" raft guide R-2ing with his 7 month prego wife (swimming her) and his 1 1/2 year old daughter. This picture can be found by going to Gallery ->river running, and then clicking on the larger of the two pics. WHAT A FUCK-UP!

·
Super Moderator
3,960 Posts
is there something you'd like everyone to think? All I can see from the photo is that a guy is taking his family on some Class I water - we don't have any evidence other than your statement about what happened next. For all we know, the woman may have instigated the whole thing. If what you've stated is true, then of course the guide really screwed up and is probably suffering a domestic disaster and dealing with the aftermath of bad judgement.

Would you like for us all to pile on and confirm your assertion that the guide screwed up? Do you have a cautionary tale to go with this? The next time you do something stupid in your life would you like for someone to get a snapshot of the impending trainwreck and post it on the internet with a damning story?

·
Registered
580 Posts
"here's your paddle...and can I take your family's photo so I can show what a douche you are on mountainbuzz?"

Really?

The beautiful thing about running rivers is that we all can make our own judgements as to how much risk we want to take, including how much risk we take with our kids. That is OUR responsibility as a parent, not the government or someone else. Maybe a little much to run bridges with such a young one, but they are all wearing PFD's and the water is low!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Not to mention... how do we know she's even prego? Not trying to call out this poor dudes wife as being overweight, but it could certainly go either way given that photo. In addition, how do we know he's a "guide". Just cause he has a rescue vest and a river knife doesn't mean he's had any training. Sorry, like stated above, it looks like a family having fun on some class I-II.

I think the saddest thing about all of this is that you or someone you know made it your computer wallpaper. You really want to look at that every time you get on your computer?

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
I posted a picture of, in my opinion, a douche bag raft guide. I am wondering what you all think?
I think that you wanted to be the hall monitor all your life and you didn't get to. You are still trying. Seek professional help. This is curable, but first you will have to pull your head out of your ass.

See some of your quotes below.

Ps: Are you a troll or alias? Seems like it.

BrownTrout said:
What I heard about the death on the Gunnison is this. 2 adults male and female and three kids, two boys and girl, non family. The man lived in Denver but visited his house on the East river almost every weekend. I do not know his ability as a boatmen. One thing I did hear is neither of the adults were wearing a safety vest or helmet. I thought this was absurd seeing that the Gunnison is pumping at high water right now. It goes to show you that Colorado needs a law not only requiring enough vets on the boat but that the people wear them as well. Apparently the accident occurred in "non usual" area of CLASS II. Respect the river.
I don't really like to have that many vets on the raft. One or two and that seems more than enough. No disrespect to our military. As far as mandatory Life jacket laws and helmets on Class 2 - This has to be a troll. The rest of this post is .......drivel. I guess the whole thing is.

BrownTrout said:
I agree, I like to ride my motorcycle without a helmet, fuck it, let the rescue team scrape my ass off the pavement. I also enjoy boating on water without a helmet or lifejacket, search and rescue is payed by our taxes right, they can save me. So personal responsibility and education is the answer huhn? Why are people still dying? People have know what a life jacket is for a while now. Why is there a law making sure there are enough life jackets on the boat? That must be bullshit to you too Billy D? I feel a law on the books would open peoples eye's and be education in itself. Remember Billy D, people also used to think driving drunk was a personal freedom too.
So we agree on a couple things. I don't think we should have a motorcycle helmet law and I also enjoy boating on water. Particularly without a helmet and lifejacket - especially on class 2.
Comparing that to drunk driving is a super elastic stretch or whatever grasp on reality you might have. But thanks.

BrownTrout said:
Looks like there has been four deaths this year, three of the people did not have life-jackets on. I wonder if they knew the dangers of a river, especially without a life-jacket on. What's wrong with people wearing seat-belts? Whats wrong with people wearing life jackets. I repeat myself.... there needs to be a law that covers life jacket safety in a boat. Why do people have to take a hunter education course but not a whitewater education coursE? ASK YOURSELF THIS, WERE DID YOU LEARN RESPECT FOR THE RIVER? AND WHY IS IT NATURAL SELECTION IF SOMEONE DOES NOT KNOW HOW DANGEROUS A RIVER IS??? SEEMS LIKE BULLSHIT TO ME.
Shouts ( ALL CAPS). stamps feet. Slams door.
Rivers are very dangerous Senior Trout. I recommend that you stay away.
Good luck on the hall monitor job. I heard they were looking for a security guard out at the mall. You don't get a Taser until you have five years in. You may be able to exert your will on crowds on unruly tweeners though.

Oh I did look through the pics and your posts and the only douche I saw was you.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You all are crazy!

There are two pictures. The first one was two small to really be seen but if you read the thread that came along with that you will see that, yeah he swam his prego wife in Pinball on the bridges section of the Poudre. How do I know this, well two things. 1. I saw his drenched wife getting out of the river as said douche bad signals he's ok. 2. A friend of mine gave him his guide stick back and asked that he get the baby off the river. That's a class III run. So for all you assholes who think taking babies and pregnant women down rivers, unless it' a float, is an appropriate behavior, you should think again. RESPECT THE RIVER AND LIVE!

·
Beginner
2,468 Posts
This guys whole family is retarded. BrownTrout is right, the guy should not be rafting with a baby and a pregnant wife. They swam. Now the baby will be retarded like the dad.

P.S. The dad works for RMA I hear.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Interesting..........

Well, sounds to me (if your story is accurate) that bridges may not have been the run to take a prego wife and kid down.....I wouldn't have. But playing "hall monitor" is pretty lame.

That said....I took my prego wife rafting last weekend (6mons) down a class III section (Main Payette), and I plan on taking my kid down when he's 1.5 (just a float, no class III). I row, therefore my little wifey gets to relax and look pretty (i.e. no exertion)....and my kid, when he comes along will sit with mommy (or daddy, because mommy likes to row too), or on the floor as in the pic.

It's a slight risk we, as parents, are willing to take with every possible safety practice in play. My parents took me at that age........and my mom rafted the Grand while she was two months prego's with my sister.

This is interesting to me because I half expected some D-bag to post something like this of ME taking my wife rafting last weekend (because she refused to stay at home). We received some sneers, but we also received compliments.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I know a mom that paddled class five up until seven months pregnant, smart... possibly not, hardcore? more than many male paddlers.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I know a mom that paddled class five up until seven months pregnant, smart... possibly not, hardcore? more than many male paddlers.
That is pretty hard core.......

My wife paddles too and she decided this season was "out".....she wouldn't have the abdominal strength anyway.

·
Super Moderator
2,871 Posts
There are two pictures. The first one was two small to really be seen but if you read the thread that came along with that you will see that, yeah he swam his prego wife in Pinball on the bridges section of the Poudre. How do I know this, well two things. 1. I saw his drenched wife getting out of the river as said douche bad signals he's ok. 2. A friend of mine gave him his guide stick back and asked that he get the baby off the river. That's a class III run. So for all you assholes who think taking babies and pregnant women down rivers, unless it' a float, is an appropriate behavior, you should think again. RESPECT THE RIVER AND LIVE!
I am from Idaho and we like to swim our preggo wives without life jackets on. Those are for pussies. Hell with that beach ball under her suit she will float just fine without any assistance. I would ride her like a pool toy through that rapid. You can't hardly kill a pregnant women they have so many hormones goin they are like the mother of all the aliens, it would take a nucalar esplosion to cause any harm.

What's a bad signal? Is that like a gang sign? Or did he flip you off? Rub his belly while patting his head? That is a bad signal cuz you don't know if he's hungry, full or OK.

I would rather boat with someone who dumped their preggo wife than boat with an internet narc......just sayin.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I am from Idaho and we like to swim our preggo wives without life jackets on. Those are for pussies. Hell with that beach ball under her suit she will float just fine without any assistance. I would ride her like a pool toy through that rapid. You can't hardly kill a pregnant women they have so many hormones goin they are like the mother of all the aliens, it would take a nucalar esplosion to cause any harm.

What's a bad signal? Is that like a gang sign? Or did he flip you off? Rub his belly while patting his head? That is a bad signal cuz you don't know if he's hungry, full or OK.

I would rather boat with someone who dumped their preggo wife than boat with an internet narc......just sayin.
ha thats great but I award him with this
http://policelink.monster.com/nfs/policelink/attachment_images/0023/6063/deputy-sheriff-badge.jpg?1224184926

·
Registered
88 Posts
My mom swam when she was pregnant with me and I turned out just fine. You all are a bunch of queers.

·
makin'raftguidebabies
3 Posts
As a nurse, raft guide wife and mother, I have to comment. When you are pregnant, you know that will involve sacrifice. You don’t drink, smoke, eat sushi, or soft cheese. You also don’t ride roller coasters, fly in a plane the last month or go to high in altitude, because it’s dangerous either to you or the baby. You watch everyone around you do all of those things, and you hate them for it. You hate your husband most of all, but you abstain with a smile.
Why do we willing do this to ourselves? Because it’s nine months for me, and ninety years for my kid. If I’m not getting sufficient oxygen neither is my baby. It’s called an anoxic brain injury, Google it. *
I’ve cared for too many people, children and adults, who were in a vegetative state because someone else was stupid. I know in my house we will make different decisions, than this couple did. I look forward to a life time of healthy years rafting with my son. It’s worth waiting for him to be ready. Any raft guide worth his salt would agree you need to respect the river, you’ve all been it’s bitch. Don’t make your baby the rivers bitch too.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
As a nurse, raft guide wife and mother, I have to comment. When you are pregnant, you know that will involve sacrifice. You don’t drink, smoke, eat sushi, or soft cheese. You also don’t ride roller coasters, fly in a plane the last month or go to high in altitude, because it’s dangerous either to you or the baby. You watch everyone around you do all of those things, and you hate them for it. You hate your husband most of all, but you abstain with a smile.
Why do we willing do this to ourselves? Because it’s nine months for me, and ninety years for my kid. If I’m not getting sufficient oxygen neither is my baby. It’s called an anoxic brain injury, Google it. *
I’ve cared for too many people, children and adults, who were in a vegetative state because someone else was stupid. I know in my house we will make different decisions, than this couple did. I look forward to a life time of healthy years rafting with my son. It’s worth waiting for him to be ready. Any raft guide worth his salt would agree you need to respect the river, you’ve all been it’s bitch. Don’t make your baby the rivers bitch too.
How did someone who made such a poor decision as to marry a raft guide ever write such a sensible post? :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
If I’m not getting sufficient oxygen neither is my baby. It’s called an anoxic brain injury, Google it. *
Climbing....out. Flying in the final month...out. Rollercoasters.....out. Kayaking....out. But do you feel that rafting moderate waters will induce anoxic brain injury?? Riding in the car creates as much ebb and flow as a little rapid...in my opinion.

I'm not condoning the actions of this couple if they truly rafted bridges and she exerted herself in doing so....especially if she swam. Just stating that a leisurely float with VERY moderate rapids isn't that big of a deal.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts