Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have been out of the sport for a few years. But it looks like water on the wasatch this spring. My last boat was a Medieval. I am a decent class IV boater , class V once in a while. I really want to learn how to play boat better. What do you recomend. I am looking mainly at dagger but give me your two cents.

Thanks

Bachatu

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
g-ride

·
Registered
58 Posts
the g-ride would be a great choice. it's a slightly less aggresive play boat than the kingpin series, but is still short and capable of all "new school" moves. with more volume and a slightly longer design than the kingpin, it serves as an excellent river running boat. the new outfitting is great too!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Ids?

What do you CO boaters say about the Ids?
I just moved to CO from Idaho - In Idaho the Id was an excellent all-around boat - the rivers there are huge and you generally play in deep features.
But it seems that here in CO, the rivers tend to be tighter, more technical, and you play in shallower features. Is the Id 6.9, at six feet 11 inches, going to be too long? I'm only a beginning playboater - surfing, spins, cartwheels and squirts, but nothing aerial yet. The Id might not be good for aerial tricks, but I feel I'm a long way from that at this point.
But if the Id is short enough to play well in CO, then I recommend it because it's also a good downriver boat with plenty of speed - I've paddled it in a fair share of Class IV in Idaho - again though, big rivers - not super technical.

·
Registered
569 Posts
loops are not far

Don't sell yourself short. If you have a recent design loops are a superman dive away. In my space cadet and a deep feature I went form clueless to airbourne in a half hour. It is the most righteous feeling in the world and it is more like standing up on an old school ender than a cartwheel. Get a friggin spud and go launch yourself. The only thing it will cost you is a little nasal docheing, well and 800 - 1000 dollars, though several loopable models are now on the used market. The space cadet kicked ass for that. From Tombstone hole on shosho, to Gunnison bottom drop, Salida, a bunch of holes on the fork. Just jump like superman, tuck, and pull with your back. There are many nuances once you get the bug that make it better and more retentive but with a Space Cadet it was that easy.

Fly boy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts