Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done Westwater with a Lotus Lolita PFD? There were posts a long time ago and it seems like the problem has been resolved, but I want to make sure I'm not going to have problems.

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,438 Posts
as long as the jacket has no rips, the tag is legible, and it says its use is whitewater, paddling or rafting it is good to go. also depends on the ranger and your tl's relation to said ranger. hell, i cant remember the last time a ranger checkd my groups pfds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kim
We were checked two weeks ago. One of our kayakers had a vest that did not have a Coast Guard approved label (it was from down under.) They let us go with the understanding that if we were checked by the rangers we would be ticketed. The vest in question was a rescue vest - probably better than any other vest on the trip. They will look at the label of every vest. We tried to get by putting the our vests on but it didn't work.
Dick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kim
We were checked two weeks ago. One of our kayakers had a vest that did not have a Coast Guard approved label (it was from down under.) They let us go with the understanding that if we were checked by the rangers we would be ticketed. The vest in question was a rescue vest - probably better than any other vest on the trip. They will look at the label of every vest. We tried to get by putting the our vests on but it didn't work.
Dick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts