Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my friends bailed... I pulled a permit for WestWater 11/8 launch. I'm looking for a small group and boaters with experience who don't mind the cold. Let me know if you're interested. We won't run it if it's absolutely terrible weather, but if the weather is cooperating we'll do it. I'm calling tomorrow to pay for the spots so let me know.
cheers!
Desiree

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi I,m wookie, 970.390.0137 were going on oct,20 launch,this is 8th westwater for the year, we do 8 a year, some times loma too, I can get one or two people for nov, we,ve done every month on westwater, only a couply of us don,t mind the cold, but I agree, watch the weather, it could be 65 degrees, you never know, plus, it would be nice to meet some more boaters, I got all my gear, look forword to hearing from you ! Thanks Mark Wookie.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the same question, 1 or 2 day??
What's the run like this time of year?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I,m wookie, 970.390.0137 were going on oct,20 launch,this is 8th westwater for the year, we do 8 a year, some times loma too, I can get one or two people for nov, we,ve done every month on westwater, only a couply of us don,t mind the cold, but I agree, watch the weather, it could be 65 degrees, you never know, plus, it would be nice to meet some more boaters, I got all my gear, look forword to hearing from you ! Thanks Mark Wookie.
Hi mark I'm out of SLC and have never had the chance to run West water. I Have concentrated mostly in norther Idaho. What is the run like I Early winter for west water

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the same question, 1 or 2 day??
What's the run like this time of year?

I just ran the CO this weekend in this area and it was still 4700 cfs.
This time of year, 11/15 will be cold at night, and always possibility of snow. Dress warm and gear up for a cold air and cool water. If you are prepared for cold, it's not bad. It should still be running and beautiful and if we get lucky and have nice temps, you can still get sunburnt.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All my friends bailed... I pulled a permit for WestWater 11/8 launch. I'm looking for a small group and boaters with experience who don't mind the cold. Let me know if you're interested. We won't run it if it's absolutely terrible weather, but if the weather is cooperating we'll do it. I'm calling tomorrow to pay for the spots so let me know.
cheers!
Desiree
The launch date will be 11/15 actually and take out 11/16

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm so sorry. I got called away to Kansas City for that weekend 11/8 so I called to switch date. Hopefully I see you on the river soon. Take care Kerry!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts