Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I was just wondering how Westwater is at 6500 cfs? Any specific features to watch out for or lines you recommend? Been down this section before, but it has been a while. Thanks for the help and hope everyone is having a good season.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
It's fun. Same move at Skull, Sock it to Me has the largest hit from the right side v-wave lateral, so square up to it at 2:00 and push. Class III at that level but Sock can flip you if you're not paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Super Moderator
4,050 Posts
Probably easier than below 5K. Unfortunately Bowling Alley will be washed out. It's still lots of fun and doesn't start to really bare it's teeth until 9 or 10K.

Have a great trip!

-AH

·
Registered
55 Posts
We got back on Monday from a run down there. Everything is washed out pretty much. Skull is the same right to left move. Sock it to me wasn't much to write home about. Last chance was actually fun. The float out was nice due to more flow. Have fun don't get too wasted until after last chance and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You can run the domer in last chance as low as 6k. That's my favorite run in the canyon at those levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ran it sat. about 12;30 101 degrees 22f snout, put it in the hole at skull, and over the top at last chance,(last chance was the bigger hole at 6400 cfs motored out with the 6hp beautful day, hiched hiked back to west water and back with the truck in less then 2 and a half hours( hat on and 1 gal of water) great run!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ran it sat. about 12;30 101 degrees 22f snout, put it in the hole at skull, and over the top at last chance,(last chance was the bigger hole at 6400 cfs motored out with the 6hp beautful day, hiched hiked back to west water and back with the truck in less then 2 and a half hours( hat on and 1 gal of water) great run!
That sounds like a perfect day.

At these levels Last Chance is the most fun.

DanCan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts