Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need one more spot for westwater on 11/1. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you have anything available. Call, e-mail, or respond here.

Taylor
970-375-2980
:D

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
It was my understanding that the permit system isn't in effect during november, dec, jan or feb? You should just be able to call the moab office and have them add another on.

·
Super Moderator
4,029 Posts
Hey Surfgod,

not sure what you mean that you need one more spot for WW this weekend. Are you looking for a spot for just yourself or a spot for a friend to launch on someone else's permit? Unless you've got your group maxxed out at 25, you should be able to call and add easily to your exsisting permit.

Hey Zach, I may be up for a trip sometime in low season so keep me in mind. I've got a nice firepan and may be able to rustle up a couple more rubber boaters to come along. We should be able to snag a permit for some sunny weekend with short notice. I have heard of ice dams forming though.

So I heard you got jumped on a last minute trip a few weeks ago and even got yourself wet for the privilege, eh? :wink:

--Andy

·
Sponsoring Vendors
1,460 Posts
zach gets tossed

what is all this nonsense about me getting wet? alright i'll fess up. after taking the left line through skull and seeing how dissapointed i was with the fact that i got no water on me at all,(right action line is much better) i decided to drift lazily into the left side of last chance sideways. the first wave stalled me out and sent me with no momentum sideways into the next wave which stood the lil' 12'er up on its side. in my futile attempt to hi-side i was bucked. however i'll have you know that i never let go of my oar and was back in control of the boat in less than 20 sec. i damn near pulled the whole thing off without notice. if it wasnt for dave lurking behind me staring at my ass the whole run no one would have seen. anyway, i now look at last chance sort of like seidels. a vey fun place to try and flip so you can practice rescue. the pool before the last riffles is slow and the consequence for not rescuing before them is slim to none. next time perhaps i'll low side on the wave and turn her over. this way the kayakers have something to do in the flatwater.......track all their shit down. winter westy trip sounds great. let me know. since we cant hook up for summer boating maybe winter will pan out.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm with a group of 25 and I was wanting to launch with another group.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts