Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what to expect on Westwater at 10k? That's the new projected flow for Sunday. I've done it four times between 4k and 6,700. Just wondering how the character changes. Do things wash out or do they get crazy? How are Funnel, Skull & SITM? I just did a search and saw something about a huge hole in Surprise at 13k. I've heard about the terrible teens... is this close enough to be worried, or just increasing the fun?

Any beta would be appreciated!

Laurie

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
Hey
Laurie, I think I am on your trip this weekend. I haven't been watching the gauges, and just assumed we were headed for good play levels. 10K is still relatively sane for average boaters, I think. Not a great level to swim, but easy moves still. The eddy lines will get trickier, but remaining in the current should yield clean lines everywhere. I fimd thid level to be less desirable: no play and no big challenges to compensate.

Dave

·
Registered
134 Posts
At 10k the surprise hole above skull is not there yet but getting close. I think around 12k it comes in. Hit it once in my raft by accident at around 13K. Been down the river at that point 5 or 6 times but never at that level and definitely learned why it was surprise hole. Had no choice but to punch it by the time I saw it but made it through. If you're in a kayak it is easy to skirt even when it is there just stay right. Just make sure you then get left at skull. A lot of fun at this level but a lot is washed out and it is getting pushy with boiling eddie lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts