Mountain Buzz banner

21 - 40 of 482 Posts

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Howdy Basinrafter,

The National Weather Service River Forecast Office for the Missouri Basin does not calculate a forecast for the Smith in Montana. Best I can do is plot a hydrograph for past flows.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Howdy Basinrafter,

The National Weather Service River Forecast Office for the Missouri Basin does not calculate a forecast for the Smith in Montana. Best I can do is plot a hydrograph for past flows.
Oh well - can't hurt to ask. I knew the NWS folks didn't do a Smith forecast....I was hoping you had some kind of magic up your sleeve :) We're supposed to launch next week, and I'm just hoping and praying there's still enough water to float.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Oh well - can't hurt to ask. I knew the NWS folks didn't do a Smith forecast....I was hoping you had some kind of magic up your sleeve :) We're supposed to launch next week, and I'm just hoping and praying there's still enough water to float.

350 CFS at Logan and 484 CFS at Eden as of this morning, with rain in the forecast for the next few days. You should be fine as long as you don't bring the kitchen sink.

21 - 40 of 482 Posts