Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The West Rosebud river will have a release this Saturday (July 14) and probably Sunday too. If the USGS gage titled "West Rosebud near Roscoe, MT" is between 286-400 cfs at noon on Friday, the release will be both days. If it is between below 270 at noon on Friday the release will only be on Saturday.

The water will arrive at approximately 11:30 and will last for a few hours each day, enough time for multiple laps.

Please come boat the West Rosebud. Thanks and send me a message if you have any questions.

Ian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure. I'll be there Saturday for sure. I'm not sure about Sunday. Hopefully there will be plenty of people.

Ian

·
GoBro
1,493 Posts
Oh thought you had work Mike. You paddling W. Rosebud or have something else in mind?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Red Lodge should be representing as well....we've been doing laps on natural flows for awhile now, and it's all good no wood. It had been running 500-700 . The lower section is sweet too !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The West Rosebud will release again this Saturday (July 21.) If the flow on the USGS gage "near Roscoe" stays above 270, the release will be both days. If it is below 270 on Friday at noon the release will be Saturday only.

Last weekend's release was great. Go boat the West Rosebud this weekend!

Ian

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Ran east rosebud today shit is sick one log could give you troubles, def manky. Def fun kinda like a miniature north fork

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like there will be releases both days this weekend - July 21-22. Water will arrive at the start of the run at about 11:30 and it will run at approximately 500 cfs until 2ish and then slowly decline.

I can't make it this weekend, but if you can please boat the West Rosebud this weekend and fill out the card at the put in to show you were there. Thanks!

Ian

·
Registered
46 Posts
Get It While It's Hot

Should release again this weekend (7/28 ) according to gauge and algorithm... come one and all. High quality! Myself and a crew of 4 should be out. Willing to show anyone down...lines are dialed as we've run this section over 5 times this year.

~Burgess

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
the west is an easy super chill read and run, following is not really nessecary.. super giggly no real threats just some semi continuous roller coaster. we scored 3 laps last saturday after a east lap and before a lower stillwater run, talk about quality and super fun.. hope more people support the release on the west, just dont forget the 4 star run is actually the east though and the stillwater is super close. easy triple crown area

id go as far as saying i would take somebody looking to step up to a class 4 game with a solid roll down west rosebud. west is good run for people just getting into the groove of montana boulder boating

·
Registered
46 Posts
Many release weekends on the W. Rosebud I have heard the word "mank" used for sections. If you would like to avoid this adjective after your run... there are definite lines. It's cool though, to each their own.

~B

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
you dont know mank bro... try nflw, and ontop of that you are in the rockies brokoski. you are in a world of hurt if you think theres a run out here without "mank"

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Does anyone have any info on releases for this summer?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Mountain Buzz mobile app

1 - 17 of 17 Posts