Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This SFSP tributary runs from Westcreek to Deckers. Drove past last weekend and I'll admit it got me wondering because I've never heard of anyone boating it. It clearly didn't have enough water, but at peak runoff or after a storm, it would be quite runnable. Looks to be mostly a fast sluice with a few manky drops and several culverts under private driveways, but I didn't see any wood. It's tiny, but bigger than Wesser Creek (Nantahala tributary) and that gets run for novelty's sake now and then after a big storm.

So...has anyone has ever done it? For the record, I'm not recommending it, so don't get all excited. It should be runnable, but definitely is not the next Treasure Canyon. Fun level might be pretty questionable, YMMV.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Í have seen it crankin'' but it doesn't look too interesting,and I am someone that might run some wierd II III, it was raging charcoal gray after the Heyman fire.
A creek that looks alot more interesting for a front range 1st D is Geneva up on Guannella pass. There is a hair section that needs cleaning,a short 4/4+ looking section[wood] and some roadside 3 with overhanging branches.The access is good and it is only about 15 minutes past Bailey,Iwould guess in most years it doesn't get high enoughthis year it definetely did.Iwas scouting it about a week ago it looked 'scrape downable',I was tempted but alone.Anyone ever done it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts