Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

· Registered
2,590 Posts
I know someone who got one mid-day on the 15th for late July. I was very surprised to hear this. I'm still expecting there to be some dates that go up at 8am.

My theory is that, since the MFS says that "awarded launch dates that are declined may be available for reservation" (something that the other 4 rivers rivers don't do) that anyone who actually declined their lottery win has been going up semi-randomly all day on the 15th and some people may still be declining.

I'm guessing that all the ones that people just didn't say yes or no will go up at 8am. Definitely VERY weird how its going though. As of now there is a permit last day of May and another on September 1st. The one on the 1st is weird since those aren't supposed to be reissued.

I actually just looked again and as I was writing this both of those dates are gone again.

· Registered
257 Posts
I know someone who got one mid-day on the 15th for late July. I was very surprised to hear this. I'm still expecting there to be some dates that go up at 8am.

My theory is that, since the MFS says that "awarded launch dates that are declined may be available for reservation" (something that the other 4 rivers rivers don't do) that anyone who actually declined their lottery win has been going up semi-randomly all day on the 15th and some people may still be declining.

I'm guessing that all the ones that people just didn't say yes or no will go up at 8am. Definitely VERY weird how its going though. As of now there is a permit last day of May and another on September 1st. The one on the 1st is weird since those aren't supposed to be reissued.

I actually just looked again and as I was writing this both of those dates are gone again.
I think they accidentally opened up lottery cancellations around 4pm today which resulted with the "no's" getting released. Then at midnight, they expired everyone that didn't say "yes" or "no" and released those. I don't think you'll see any more in the morning, unfortunately for those that get up.

· Registered
2,590 Posts
Seems that way.... they must be really sticking to the Booz part of Booz Allen Hamilton tonight.

I was hoping to get something 2nd week of June... kinda sucks that its being weird.

I guess I can't complain too much since I'm doing a Selway trip early June and maybe have a couple options for MFS trips later in the summer.

· Registered
111 Posts
I just watched an August 22 disappear at 5:04 am. I did not try and get it (click it) because it would be a hard time for me to go then/the river will low then. I do believe that Bots are playing a large roll in this process.

· Registered
Aire 156R & Super Puma
412 Posts
There were a few dates showing in May and about 8 days in June. A few in July and a big bunch in August - all at once. A premature release?
I'm curious about the May releases. Aren't there only 4 days in May that are in the lottery control period? May 28-31? Where the dates you saw then all at the very end of the month?

· Registered
Aire 156R & Super Puma
412 Posts
Cancellations for August 15 through September 15 are no longer reissued after today (May 16). Last year I was able to pick up a Sept 1 permit during the unclaimed lottery re-release.

· Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I'm curious about the May releases. Aren't there only 4 days in May that are in the lottery control period? May 28-31? Where the dates you saw then all at the very end of the month?
I didn’t spend more than a millisecond on the May page to get at June but think 2 days were available. The numbers in June were mostly stacked in the 1st week & 1/2 with one about on the 15th and one on the 25th. A few minutes later I checked back June was all taken with July & August having a good number left.

I have some idea’s of what/how things transpired, but keeping to myself. I sure hope there’s not a “do over”.

(edit) The time the dates showed was not exactly at midnight - more like 30 or so seconds after from what I remember.

Still worth checking at 8 about 25 minutes away.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts