Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get some brackets moved on my aluminum boxes. Anyone know a welder in Fort Collins they would trust with their boxes? Also, since I'm moving them I can replace them to be just the way I want. I have a DRE frame, with the big fatty round alum. tubes. What's the best shape for welded brackets for this type of frame? Pics or descriptions appreciated. I've seen big L shaped brackets that wrap around, or just flat brackets with holes/strap slots in them. Pics of the boxes/frame are coming to help brainstorming power. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics of what I'm working with....

Strange boxes scored free on Craigslist...and they're cool so I'm going to make them work. The existing brackets make the boxes sit 2" higher in back, and I obviously want them flat. I'm thinking big L shaped alum. brackets that have strap slots in the down member so I could run one strap under each box long ways.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have a friend who's got a welding shop on Timberline just North of the new Police station. He might be able to weld aluminum. PM me your number and if he is interested I'll have him call you.

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts