Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any info on this -- what would a typical 170-180 lb person opt for -- does the large 9.0 work or is it too big for that range?

How about medium, what's the upper end -- is the medium similarly sized to the nomad 8.5?

Any dagger people (or retail people) out there who can answer????

I got an itchy trigger finger to get one of these.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Have you seen this? Dagger Nomad 2016 - First Look - Unsponsored I can't imagine there will be much difference in weight range based on the specs except they now offer a large and now the marketing department can probably change the upper end on the medium. I would guess @ 170-180 most people would opt for a medium but if you tend to like a little bigger boat or plan on a lot of loaded boat trips, a large might be a go. Just my unqualified opinion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Being 140 and 5'10" I was paddling the Large prototype and loving it! Its definitely suitable for someone much larger than myself. I am unsure about the weight ranges for the new line up but I would say you would do well in either the Medium or Large. I personally would go for the large as I prefer the increased speed.

A great thing about the new large is that while it is suitable for a larger person it's still relatively narrow (significant difference between the mamba 8.6 and the Nomad 9 with the latter being more narrow.) If you have any questions feel free to PM me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts