Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 6'2" 245, I am a beginner (bigtime). Does anyone have any input on
The WaveSport Super EZ?? Is it a good fit for me and my beginner status? I would like to find a friend or friends to kayak with. I live up in Grand County and would love to hook up with people to start yaking!!

my email is [email protected] if anyone would like to email.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
It would be a good fit. You would be at the upper end of its weight limit making it more playful. It really depends on your goals. If you just want to run rivers and that is pretty rare today, their are more conservative boats out there. Demo it if you can but its tough when you have no experience. Try it in a pool and see if you are comfy and and the boat feels pretty stable with you in it. Have fun.

gh

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Super EZ

Correction you'd be in the mid range of the weight range. It's the Super Sized version and not the Big EZ.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gotta agree with gh. What are your goals for paddling. I paddle in a super Ez - got it last year. I am 6'2" and 206 so I am at the lower end weight wise, but I felt squished in the big ez because of a long inseam. The super ez is a great boat. It is very responsive and is an excellent river runner for me. Also surfs well and seems to be really stable which is a good thing when your starting out. It is also a boat that can grow with your skill level. Lots of fun for me, but then I haven't tried a lot of other boats. Compared to my old Godzilla, it's night and day though. I say go for it, but a demo will answer almost all questions. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks alot everyone!! I purchased the Super EZ today. I can't wait to get it in the water! Any recomendations on where a beginner should start? pool? Should I get some instruction? I would love to hook up with someone or a group of paddlers and learn that way too. Anyone interested in a newbie?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Instruction would be the way to go if you are just starting out. It's easier to pick up good habits right away then try to break bad ones later. Along with the instruction, get into a pool and play with the outfitting of the boat so it feels right for you. I may not be doing much paddling until later in the season seeing as how we have a little boy due soon (hopefully another future paddling buddy), but there are many great beginner stretches out there, such as Milk Run on the Ark. Paddle as much as you can and have a great time!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Brian for the help. I have three lil boys of my own who love the outdoors so I better start them early!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts