Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody paddle a Wave Sport Möbius.

What are your opinions on the general performance of the boat.

I'm 5' 10", 205lbs without kit, size 10 UK shoes and 34" inseam. Do you think a medium or large would suit me

It looks like a great boat and I'm still to demo one, hopefully sometime soon but not sure which size.

I'm in between sizes at 93kg I sit right at the top of the medium 57 and in the middle of large 65 so I'm not really sure which size would suit me best.

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
295 Posts
Dave,

I own a Möbius and I've recently been trading off between the Mobius and a 2014 Rock Star.

I personally prefer the Rock Star. It is a little more user friendly in big boils and tricky eddy lines. Neither boat is particularly well suited to paddling down river, but the Rock Star has the edge in terms of stability. I also find it to be a bit faster and easier to paddle on play waves of somewhat marginal quality. It's been tougher to feel any big performance differences on really good features.

That being said, the Möbius is still a great freestyle boat. I would go for a large if I were you. I'm 170 lbs and the Mobius 57 feels pretty perfect. Definitely go with the boat where you are in the middle of the range. Most manufacturers' weight ranges get pretty preposterous at the edges of the range.

Hope that helps.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts