Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears Confluence is sending the brand to Europe and it will no longer be available in the US. Sad to see them go.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Never really made sense to me for them to have 2 brands making the exact same products.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Looks to me that they are keeping their designers and team members but moving them over to dagger. Could end up cool having the two design teams working together!

·
Registered
152 Posts
"No layoffs" makes for good press to get them through the off-shoring process but unrealistic to believe that redundancy won't be eliminated in the longer term.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Any word on it there will be any support for existing purchased products?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I assume they are dropping US sponsorships as well?

It will be weird watching Where is Baer? videos that don't feature a Wavesport. I wonder what it will be next... or maybe he's just really loyal to the brand and will import from Europe.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Dagger really needs two design teams to release a new boat every 5years. Now they will finally have the man power to release the 9.0Nomad. Have they moved there molds to Mexico yet? They could pay the designers in Tacos and bottled water.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Kindaof a bummer. Got to pick out the colors and watch my 1st Frankenstien be spun in Oak Creek and was able to score one of the 1st Godzillas, which Chan dubbed as the boat for "hair" Ended up being a good Fish Creek boat, 1st boat with some actual leg room.:(

·
Registered
305 Posts
As a former WS employee (Oak Creek days) and a current WS dealer this news is a bummer. That said, WS sales have been declining for a number of years and it makes sense to drop lines that are not selling. So who has a cherry X Boat they want to sell or trade for an RPM? Hopefully next years Dagger Phantom makes up for the loss of WS!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts