Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's it like? I'm assuming very short but should be really fun for about 5 minutes. Also any eyes on Foxton? I may like to do a foxton through waterton this weekend. Haven't run it much but would like to see it if there is some flow.

·
Registered
83 Posts

Ran it last week at 1800. SUPER fun out there. big waves, very fast. i'd say it's worth the trip if your in for more walking than boating.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Living in Idaho now, I'd never thought I'd say this, but I'm kinda jealous of all you Colorado boaters at the moment. :D How ridiculous is that???....

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
At 1600, I recall it having a little "push" to a play boat. Super fun. Green bridge had a precise line on the left hand tongue. Avalanche right channel had a tendency to push you into the pile of wood on the far right, which could be unfortunate. That said, it was really, really fun at 1600 and would be worth the drive and walk at 2100. Reminiscent of numbers at high water but more "pillowey" and "pool-droppey".

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Anybody had a recent visual on Foxton? As near as I can tell 1220 plus some very minor tribs on So Platte- maybe 1400...so 700 on Foxton ...does that seem right or just wishful thinking?.Not super high like everything else ,just a very good level for that run..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Foxton flow guesses

I was thinking the same thing, probably 500-700 on the Foxton run but I have not been up to look at it. There is 150 on Bailey gage, 1230 on gage at Trumbull, which is just downstream of Deckers, and 2140 at Waterton. So there is about 750 cfs coming in from side streams on the north fork and south fork before Waterton. I would guess that the addition to each fork would be about equal but I don't know that.
Has anyone seen Foxton to provide a guess on flows?

·
Registered
71 Posts
At 1750 cfs, it was a 5 minute roller coaster down and a 20 minute trudge back up for another lap. You could probably break 4' if you charged it and didn't take a playboat. Nothing was really that sticky in the playboat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts