Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Buzzkill...

Sorry that I feel I need to voice this but…

WFT!

Yeah I have seen stuff like this before, nothing new and amazing but really? How much 2 stroke do you like in your coffee? Where do you live that really had a seasoned SRT team to deal with hoisting a sled from a river bottom if you CAN find it after its tank had drained? Glad to hear that you like that pink glow from farmed salmon. Really whitens the teeth.

Not toting the tree hugging hippie line here, (yes, I do rock the M7-162 and a 30-06) but there is no need for the consequences that can happen from this shit.

Keep your sleds outta the water unless you're minimizing the exposure.

mike drop…out...

·
Registered
328 Posts
That was both insanely awesome and insanely stupid at the same time. Never thought he would have made it. Probably should have been wearing a pfd or something though. Somewhat agree with the comments above, I guess the youtube hits are worth the risk though.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
While that was kinda cool to watch, just imagine kayaking and having that asshole come blasting by you on a sled... I know there are a bunch of kids around here that think Slednecks are the coolest thing since sliced bread. Hope no one gets the idea to try that in the Ark or one of her tributaries...

·
Registered
329 Posts
Are you allowed to run motorized craft on the Ark? What about in the new Browns national monument? I would think there is some restriction. Or at least in wild and scenic rivers and the like

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
Of course not, but I would be highly surprised if it was legal to run motorized craft up a creek like that anywhere... Just because its illegal doesn't mean dumbasses won't try and repeat it. I think it would be more likely to see someone try it on Clear Creek or Lake Creek...

·
Registered
328 Posts
We don't have many rivers with nice grassy places to launch and exit the river. We should be safe at least for a while. Not to mention smacking a rock could really put the hurt on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
As much as I hate the thought of this I've always wondered why some form of whitewater jetski has not been invented. Seems like it's possible and there's a lot of yahoos that would dig it.

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
538 Posts
Sledneck crew is based near my hometown over Gore Pass. They drive through Steamboat in these HUGE trucks towing trailers that are like as long as an 18-wheeler, with all four windows down in truck, blasting music and showing off (reminds me of what we did in highschool). I am all for them building jumps on private land or going up to area that they are allowed, but have issue with them on rivers and tearing up pristine mountains. I question what damage will a snow machine do to a river? How is this allowed (it isnt like some above mentioned)?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Earl where can one sign up as I cant find it on the web site? I got a couple of boys who are very interested ;).

Logan knocking out the bottom 4 on lake on a snowmachine is so 2008...

Yea when I saw that raw footage a couple of months ago over at the shop - all I could say is you boys know that is going to ruin a few hippies days right?

I do have to say that the slednecks/BBA boys who call BV home are the top 1% of all back country users I have ever been around..... The knowledge, skill, work ethic, safety, and resource protection they display is just flat unequaled. Absolutely no one around here I have ever seen or been in the BC with has the combination of the skill it takes combined with commitment to do it right and they do it year after year.. Also there is no one I trust more with my life on a day to day basis in the back country than the BBA boys..

Riding on water is a stunt that gets watched and I bet KJ is happy for some of the 750,000 you tube views we all have given him.. I know his slednecks sponsor sure is!

Anyway Earl if you can get that sign up sheet on the web site it would help some of the guys plan the trip down from Alpine - thx!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Since when did not being a raging asshat automatically qualify someone as a hippy? If this really is "the top 1% of all backcountry users" I'd hate to meet the 99% that don't restrict themselves to this level of safety and resource protection.

I doubt this d-bag would have been able to negotiate around some poor idiot trying to paddle down that rapid without sinking or doing a 30 mph body check. Ay ay yay.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Earl where can one sign up as I cant find it on the web site? I got a couple of boys who are very interested ;).

Logan knocking out the bottom 4 on lake on a snowmachine is so 2008...

Yea when I saw that raw footage a couple of months ago over at the shop - all I could say is you boys know that is going to ruin a few hippies days right?

I do have to say that the slednecks/BBA boys who call BV home are the top 1% of all back country users I have ever been around..... The knowledge, skill, work ethic, safety, and resource protection they display is just flat unequaled. Absolutely no one around here I have ever seen or been in the BC with has the combination of the skill it takes combined with commitment to do it right and they do it year after year.. Also there is no one I trust more with my life on a day to day basis in the back country than the BBA boys..

Riding on water is a stunt that gets watched and I bet KJ is happy for some of the 750,000 you tube views we all have given him.. I know his slednecks sponsor sure is!

Anyway Earl if you can get that sign up sheet on the web site it would help some of the guys plan the trip down from Alpine - thx!

You blowing these guys or what? Not that there's anything wrong with that. This post reads like some love struck high schooler.lol "the boy's ". Shit like this makes us look like a bunch of hillbillys who give no shits about the environment. Not everything needs to be YouTubed.

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,265 Posts
I hate those stinking noise makers and the flacid tools that ride them.

·
Banned
131 Posts
hilarious how much hate is in here.

It's pretty cool.

I bet you all call yourselves open thinkers and believe in free speech and freedom of expression right?

What's next? Some idiots going DOWN the rapids in plastics barrels?! What kinda swift water rescue team can save them when they lodge themselves under a wood pile?!

People have been riding sleds on water for a long time.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi all

Some how I missed this tread till now....gota comment.

I ride cross country over dirt roads, jeep trails, and single track on my motorcycle.

I believe I am a ethical river user, and ohv rider.

WOW....was that a cool ride !

They should all be given a night in jail, and fined !

One sled doing that caused minimal environmental damage.

Lots of sleds duplicating that move ....no beuna !

No OHV user should condone that type of riding...those are the BAD APPLES in the ohv world !

At their skill levels, backcountry knowledge levels...and role model/leadership role they took on making that video...they either knew or should have know, how high impact that type of riding can have on the environment.

Like I said...they should all spend a night in jail and be fined cash plus the forfiture of their sleds !

Damm...those guys rank right up their with those boy scout leaders knocking over the rock formations in goblin valley, ut...they should have spent a night or two in jail too...

It's the bad apples that wreck it, for all of us.

It seems the identity of these guys is known...can the water be id...if so then I would be 1st in line to report them to the correct environmetal enforcement agencey

Paddle on

Scott

1 - 20 of 34 Posts