Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I saw post recently about some company developing some water turbine based thing that you could probably hang from your raft in the current and it would charge the batteries overnight while you're sleeping

·
Registered
2,191 Posts

·
The Old Troll
458 Posts
It would be nice if they just designed all these toys to run and disposable batteries. Would be no problem to carry enough for any trip. Rechargeable is nice close to civilization but not so good in the wilderness

·
Registered
828 Posts
Anyone have any experience with these: powertrekk at REI - FREE SHIPPING With no minimum purchase.. I just came across them today and it seems like an interesting alternative to a solar charger for extended river trips (Think a winter Grander trip where sun is at a premium and angling a solar charger is difficult at best).
No personal experience, but I was curious. $150 for the unit, $12 for three pucks. Each puck produces less energy than two long-life alkaline AA batteries.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
No personal experience, but I was curious. $150 for the unit, $12 for three pucks. Each puck produces less energy than two long-life alkaline AA batteries.
Each puck probably closer to three or four based on watt-hour/voltage

But see your point. For that price you can do close to à dozen rechargeable batteries and a decent solar charger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts