Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
When I tried to order the lci one listed above last year they were back ordered forever, got the same deal ordering through Granger

·
Registered
554 Posts
When I tried to order the lci one listed above last year they were back ordered forever, got the same deal ordering through Granger
The extra benefit to ordering from Granger is, if you click the "send free catalog" button, you get a free boat anchor delivered to your door. The thing is pretty amazing.

·
My name isn't Will
266 Posts

LCI is Lions Club Industries. They provide work for people who are blind. The same mil-spec water bottle is half price compared to Scepter. I have two of the LCI jugs. I'd buy them again. If they had 2.5 gallon jugs, I'd buy two or three of them.... Are you listening LCI? Probably not.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I've been using water bricks as well as some of my other rafting buddies for about 5 or 6 years. They are awesome with the 1 drawback (maybe price as well) of having to use some other vessel (jug) to serve from.

Water Bricks

Pros:

• 3.5 gallon easy to haul (even for a child)
  • many, many strapping options
  • easy to fill (super wide opening)
  • can be easily stacked
  • low profile and fits nicely along almost any rail system

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
LCI five gallon are great, but I prefer the 2.5 gallon Scepter for carrying to and from boat to kitchen area. Two and one half gallons is more than I generally need for a dinner and breakfast meal. Depending on what boat I'm using the 2.5 fits between frame and floor perfectly or the five gallon jugs pack better, so I have lots of both. A frozen 2.5 gallon Scepter jug will pack in most coolers as a great block of Ice and late trip cold drinks of water. I take the jugs that pack best in the boat I'm planning on using. I do not recommend anything bigger than five gallon jugs unless you are a glutton for punishment, have a really good back and no fear of pain.

·
..is doing the damn thing
132 Posts
I like these water jugs. They also make great decks. I strap two together and then strap them to the frame. Plenty of tie down points, easy to walk on. I carry 4, 2 on each side. If you freeze it it’ll fit in a yeti 160 too.

Where do you get those?

·
Registered
398 Posts
I need to get some of those too. How does dispensing work?
Dispensing can be super easy or harder depending on how much water you want to waste.

Easy: Unscrew the black cap and let water trickle out into your water bottles. Wastes a little.

Harder: unstrap the water cans from the side rails. Tilt them so the caps are up and them remove and pour. They also come with the little spout that goes inside the cap. I have the straps that hold the water cans attached to my frame with clove hitches so they are super easy to strap back on.

Honestly, This last trip I was thinking I should come up with something better.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts