Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a aire cataraft that I bought 2 years ago. At the end of last season I was not able to open it up and let it dry inside. This year I have a garage so I was able to open it up and let it dry. When I opened it there is actually water inside the inner chamber about two cups +/- per chamber. My thoughts are to let the material that is currently exposed dry and then zip the boat back up and pump it up. Then turn the tubes so the water is at the valve and let the air out hoping the water exits also. With this method there will still be small amounts of water left inside should I be worried about this? Or does anyone have a better plan?

·
Registered
144 Posts
use a shop vac! we have done it for yrs at the rafting company, it works great. you gotta keep it against the valve until the vaccuum winds out aka tubes 100% deflated........

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would just suck the tubes dry with a reversible pump and call it good, the company I work for has a fleet of AIRE's ranging from 2 to twenty years old, and they always have water in the chambers, but it doesn't seem to cause any harm.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Water in your tubes is unavoidable. If you pump your boat on a hot humid day and deflate it on a cooler day, condensation will put water in your tubes. I like the shopvac idea. Maybe this with your idea of letting the water collect at the valve would work better than the 2 ideas by themselves, but I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it either way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts