Mountain Buzz banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had the 3L version for about 3 years now. Used on 7-day trips, carry on day trips, and it's my go-to when I need to carry a filter. It's lightweight and reliable. The flow rate is good and I can hang it up to fill a bottle while I do other things which is always nice. Once done it folds up into a pouch which slides right into any pack pocket, it almost fits into my pants pocket but not quite!

I had a pump style with ceramic filter which would attach to big mouth bottles and it worked well for many years. The flow rate was so slow and you couldn't pump very fast, it took forever to fill up one bottle. I love the gravity filters!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, the partner system costs $1700. I've never really needed one of them, but now is a good opportunity to learn (never done silty river). So, will the 5gl bucket gravity system maintain up with and perform well on a lengthy g.c. journey? According to their website, you're still meant to add chlorine. Does it have the same flavour? I went on a business trip, and the water tasted like poo. I never saw them, but I believe they were just using chemicals.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Wow, the partner system costs $1700. I've never really needed one of them, but now is a good opportunity to learn (never done silty river). So, will the 5gl bucket gravity system maintain up with and perform well on a lengthy g.c. journey? According to their website, you're still meant to add chlorine. Does it have the same flavour? I went on a business trip, and the water tasted like poo. I never saw them, but I believe they were just using chemicals.
The partner system uses UV light and activated carbon filters, no bugs, no taste, can't be beat IMHO

21 - 25 of 25 Posts