1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting article. I'm always baffled by people's willingness to overlook evidence right in front of their face if it doesn't mesh with their political views. How did the Republican party come to see science as a political issue? I have buddies here in NW Montana who make jokes anytime something about "Global Warming" comes up. They all remember when we were in elementary school (late 70's early 80's) skiing at Big Mountain was a Thanksgiving tradition. I ask them when's the last time you skied at Big Mountain on Thanksgiving and they all admit it doesn't happen anymore... They still think climate change is a joke.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If the dems would make fighting climate change their #1 policy issue, they would get the young vote out and flip the politics locally and nationally. Will they? No. Why? It will cost too much. Will it? No, not compared to doing nothing. Costs for moving to carbon neutral energy and transportation would amount to an extra $0.35 - $0.50 a gallon of gas. Remember when we were paying around $4 a gallon in 2008, didn't cause any major upsets. We really are afraid of fear itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts