Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time in life, I need to buy my little girl a kayak. I am thinking the Jackson Fun 1. If anyone has one their kids have grown out of please contact me. Or if anyone thinks there is a better 1st kids boat out there I want to know!

·
Registered
127 Posts
None better for the most part. The 1,1.5,2Fun are spectacular boats for kids. The shooting Star and little hero are also good depending on the size of child. I think liquid logic made a boat before but not sure....

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
461 Posts
Welcome to the parent of a kayaker club!

The Fun 1 is the only option for really young kids 30-40 lbs. My daughter got hers at age 4. Having a proper fitting boat that isn't too wide makes a huge difference.

Other kids boats can be padded out but the width is still a problem and will keep them from learning to roll at a young age.

Check out the Facebook group "Kayak Kids of Colorado" there are used boats on there periodically.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
520 Posts
I bought the fun 1.5 for my son (7 at the time) last year. I did LOTS of research. The Jackson seems the best. Then get a ocean kayak spray skirt (bungee cord)

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I found a WS Fuse 35 for my 7 year old (~50 lbs). Stable boat, might be hard for him to roll this year, but I think it'll last until he's over 100 lbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts