Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am a class 2-3+ boater and I currently have a small Jackson Karma. I want to get more into play boating now that I'm getting more comfortable on the river.

The thing is I have no idea what play boat to go for with my height and weight. I am a 5'7" and 150 lbs female and really stumped on boats that will be the right size for me to play boat in.

Any suggestions would be awesome!!

Thanks everyone 😃

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
GoBro
1,493 Posts
Most manufacturer's list weight ranges for boats on their websites. I'd guess at your weight you will be in smalls pretty much across the board. You're height shouldn't be a limiting factor for small boats but best to sit in them before you buy.

Jackson is pretty much the industry leader for progressive designs. For learning you can use some older designs and comparatively longer designs of just a few years ago (5) will be better river runners and more forgiving to learn in. Even older boats will be better at river running but won't offer up as many tricks although they will excel at old school tricks like squirts and slow/stable cartwheels. Look around find some boats and come ask when you have some options. I would be used the first time around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts