Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Volunteers needed to help take a great group of Yampah HS students down Ruby/ Horsethief.

Leave Aspen area Wed. morning and come back on Friday. Gear provided.

Message me ASAP if interested!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
972 Posts
+1 on what Zach said.

We had 8-13 y/o at the oars for the entire stretch without issue.

Unless you feel they need adult supervision, the technical aspects of the river (assuming basic safety is followed) are not an issue.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand the run is not that difficult. There would be no problem with them taking over the sticks... It's necessary for overall safety and adult supervision.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Negative comments to yourself please

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz
What are we little kids? This is a grown up forum where people are allowed to say what they want. Blow your negative comments out your ass.

While whisky be provided for the boatmen or do I gots to bring my own?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Negative comments to yourself please

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz

Fuck that- this might be one of the dumbest requests I've seen on the buzz. Short notice request for volunteers to row a bunch of high school kids on an overnight? Yeah, sounds fucking awesome. Clearly whatever organization is doing this is top notch, and everyone should jump at the chance to volunteer for this clusterfuck of an adventure. I can certainly appreciate getting some kids outdoors and on the river, but recruiting people for a boatman AND supervisory role a day in advance on the internet? Really? Grand trip with complete strangers is one thing, this idea scares the shit out of me.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Fuck that- this might be one of the dumbest requests I've seen on the buzz. Short notice request for volunteers to row a bunch of high school kids on an overnight? Yeah, sounds fucking awesome. Clearly whatever organization is doing this is top notch, and everyone should jump at the chance to volunteer for this clusterfuck of an adventure. I can certainly appreciate getting some kids outdoors and on the river, but recruiting people for a boatman AND supervisory role a day in advance on the internet? Really? Grand trip with complete strangers is one thing, this idea scares the shit out of me.

X2 on that1

·
Registered
193 Posts
wow, just because you aren't interested in this trip doesnt mean others wont be. for some folks that would be a great deal to just show up and hop on a boat with a bunch of HS kids. but no body wants to miss a chance to be an asshole to a guy that is in a bind. maybe the guy had a rower break a leg and needs to to find somebody at the last minute cover for the trip to go

·
Registered
541 Posts
wow, just because you aren't interested in this trip doesnt mean others wont be. for some folks that would be a great deal to just show up and hop on a boat with a bunch of HS kids. but no body wants to miss a chance to be an asshole to a guy that is in a bind. maybe the guy had a rower break a leg and needs to to find somebody at the last minute cover for the trip to go
If OP had explained the situation in detail, and had this planned out and had an emergency with a volunteer then I'm sure plenty of people might have stepped up to help but this just reeked of a sh!t show IMO. Sorry just sayin...

If you want to go they got room for ya!

·
Plunk your magic twanger!
1,263 Posts
I kept quiet until the OP said they needed the volunteers to provide supervision. I think it is inappropriate to have volunteers from an internet forum supervise High School students on a multiday wilderness trip.

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is a great site to ask for advice and help from people as long as one can handle the number of pompous assholes who regularly have unhelpful arrogant responses. Thankfully most boaters are cool.

·
Registered
541 Posts
This is a great site to ask for advice and help from people as long as one can handle the number of pompous assholes who regularly have unhelpful arrogant responses. Thankfully most boaters are cool.

So you are going!? Here's to ya for stepping up! I'm sorry but I think we are just being honest about what's being asked and the consequences not to mention the last minute post with no real explanation. Sure people including me could have been more passionate but the OP could have provided more details if they really wanted help.

Now get out of my way on the ramp!!😎

1 - 15 of 15 Posts