Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Misspellingintothefuture!
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might try to get on the water next week, does anyone have a visual on the Gorge or lower Bighorn?
Thanks in advance for any Beta!

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
Upstream of BV is pretty much locked up, but I know folks who have been running gates in Salida..... so essentially my post is no help. Sorry, but good luck.

·
Super Moderator
4,174 Posts
300 at Wellsville so anything that's open will be a little scrapey. But still better than it was for most of the summer of 2002...

·
Premium Member
4,836 Posts
300 at Wellsville so anything that's open will be a little scrapey. But still better than it was for most of the summer of 2002...
Had some cold nights lately. Big calm stretches may be iced over right now, can't say for sure thought since I haven't visually looked at it in a week or so.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
It’s under 100at granite, ice through fractions open at BV park but not enough water in my opinion.

No ice in salida, you can run gates, surf, eddy, etc.

5 ice bridges in RG as of last weekend, park dale and above good to go, low scrapy expect minor ice on boulders in river, nothing major.

Shoshone is 600 with a little ice, but wide open.

Gunnison at escalate was 1500, and ice at Dominguez canyon on the banks but open.

Gunny gorge is probably clear, but I’m not sure on that.

And then there is Utah. Should be good, daily, West water, etc...

If anyone wants to do gunnison at escalate I’d go again, 12miles or flat water paddling any boat you want, I like speed laps.

Plenty to paddle.

·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! Thanks Bob!
Down at my parents for a week, so will bring the small cat, and get down Parkdale. Last rip was the Grand, but somehow still stoked for Bighorn at 300:D
Mid February Westy is sounding really good to.

Ya, I think some of the rocks are still various colors of commercial hypalon after that season andy! Good side is that we lost our fear of low water after that one, made pretty much ANYTHING look doable.

Thanks all!

Mr. Man

·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Joe!
Will stay on Parkdale, can always hope though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts