Mountain Buzz banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Cove Creek..about 20 miles. Nice concrete ramp. We put in there 6/16 and were the only group there. Saves 20 miles of dirt for both you and the shuttle driver, and you'll pick up a couple nice 2+ rapids.

There's another put-in about 14 miles above Corn but it has a VERY primitive "ramp" that is mostly a dirt track with boulders. It would work if you're inflating/rigging on the beach, but wouldn't be easy to back a loaded raft/trailer to the water's edge.

Cache Bar is the MFS takeout, and ~9mi above Corn Cr. I would not recommend it as a put-in unless you planned to launch early and clear the ramp for incoming MF trips who will be tired, cranky, and taking out. There is a nice beach for camping just below the ramp; would make a nice overnight for a late evening/early morning rig.

You can see them all on Google Earth and there isn't much else in that section. Couple islands and some nice low water beaches on river left.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Cache Bar is the MFS takeout, and ~9mi above Corn Cr......"

FYI, Cache Bar is only about 5 miles above Corn.

I don't recall which ramp they had us use when they were doing the extension of the ramp at Corn, but I feel like it was maybe 5 miles above Cache??
Basically added a day to our trip, which wasn't bad.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Just a little update.. In previous years I have never mentioned where to fuel up as Salmon has in the past always had a weird gas situation. Everyone had the same price every day, when one changed they all changed.. The grocery store bought the gas station at the light. Not the one with burger king, the other one. It's now a Mobile gas station and their gas is significantly cheaper. usually around 20 cents. Also being owned by the grocery store they carry the same high quality clear block ice as the grocery store. So if you just need to grab some block ice and gas this is your stop.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts