Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hell All,

I have been searching around and found the river video by Western Expeditions titled Run The Wild River It is definitely worth the watch. I am wondering if anybody can direct me to more stuff like this. Maybe a thread about vintage floating would fun to watch.

Here's the link for the youtube post of this movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBOF1zvgwCc

tda
slc

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have a box full of old VHS tapes with a bunch of old paddling footage and movies from the 80's and 90's that I am never gonna do anything with. If anyone wants to convert them to digital I would be happy to send them out, there are some classics and some that are raw footage from places like the Bio Bio (now damned and underwater) and Alaska. I don't want to send them out if you're not going to convert them though. If somebody's interested in a project let me know, I'll pick up the shipping.

·
Registered
462 Posts
There's not tons of really old footage in this, but some....I think most is 94ish. Still an awesome vid:

Cheat River by Rick Gusic & Scott Patton - YouTube

K2andcannoli posted a youtube vid not long ago "token of my extreme" again early 90's but still really awesome vid.

Also a doc on netflix I liked from the late 60's (I think) is "High Wild and Free". It's a really neat documentary from a sportsmen's perspective in the Rockies and Canadian Rockies...only a little river running...but there's fishing and hunting and it's pretty cool.

·
Old Guy in a PFD
1,107 Posts
A film called "messing about in boats" has a lot of very old film from Georgie White's early days and does a good job of telling the history of Grand Canyon rafting. I thought it was on YouTube but can't find it now. It's around, you just have to hunt for it.

Also, I have some pretty good for (Super 8) films from the 70's, mainly of Dolores. Including my most embarrassing "how not to run Snaggletooth" clip that I posted around here somewhere.

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
By far one of the best overall historical whitewater compilations is a DVD entitled "The Call of the River". It is a 90minute history of everything from 1923 to 2009 in the archives of river running. I bought my copy at Fibark in 2010, but it is still available at www.performancevideo.com. Just a fantastic video!!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are great suggestions. I am excited to log some couch time watching these. I will continue to research more footage and post them when I see them.

Thank you all,

tda
slc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts