Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fun Times & some extremely Painful Times.

Check out the latest video update HERE

-The video didn't capture the 300 "straight up, vertical evacuation"....trust me, it wasn't pretty. Props to Ben for getting on a knee.

Enjoy!!

Cody

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Damn. Who was the swimmer? Was that an implosion/eject? Quality footy, as always.

·
Spits Hot Fire
978 Posts
Nice. Cool vids! Dude took a helluva impact!

I went to Canada in February, they turned me back cause I'm apparently a dangerous threat to all those Canuckleheads. Left me standin there with my board and bags while my friends headed to Whistler. But i snuck back in under the cover or darkness. Suckas.

I like how he put it...you've had a little too much fun in your past...

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Yeah, love tracking the HH adventures. Hope your bro is ok. Was it a major injury? What happened there? Was the shelf not visible or did he just think his trajectory would clear it?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
too much fun in your past...

Glad you'll like the update.

The deal with that double fall was that it was 100 % mandatory. I opted for the throw & go on first glance. The was a concern about the jump because of a submerged boulder (unseen in the video) that spanned the base of the falls on R.Right. So even the throw & go was sketchy as hell. Ben arrived to the lip and mentioned that he wanted to seal launch past the VERY visable self. It wasn't until he got in his boat and was about to shove off, when I remember hearing him say, " i'm not to sure that this is good idea". (Ben feel free to chime in here) But when he landed and ejected, I ended up chasing with a jump. The exit (a clean 10'er) he slid off of and then we collected thoughts and gear. It was determined that a vertical extraction would be the only option. Hellish of course, we made it out, leaving boats behind. Ben was more effective on the vertical climb out than on the flat land....due to the broken leg (fractured, no major surgeries needed) he was able to use two hands and his knees to climb the cliff. Coupla hours / miles later, he had a Tylenol and a beer and suffered through the night.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What can I say? It was the last day of my first vacation in a year, and I'd just just gotten off the Stikine! The camera was out, I was invincible!
Obviously a pretty foolish move to seal launch off the log without a push. If my nose hadn't over-rotated I think I would have cleared the ledge. Luckily everything worked out and I should be back on the water pretty soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts