Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nice video, but know what the "extreme" sports world needs? Some diversity in the soundtracks of the videos. Seriously, somebody needs to use some Ornette Coleman or Fela Kuti or ANYTHING besides all these uniform pop-punk bands. They all sound exactly the same.
What I wouldn't give to hear something like an Ennio Morricone spaghetti western theme while someone does some crazy play maneuvers. Now that would be cool.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'm working on my vidoe/slide show from the Canyon, and have incorporated bits of the soundtrack from "Pirates of the Caribbean".

Morricone knows whitewater! he did the score for "The Mission". Great footage of Iguacu Falls in Brazil/Paraguay. Lots of folks "run" it unsuccessfully in that movie, too.

·
Registered
558 Posts
wait for Trey Chace of Clever name Production's new film coming in april.
"Creatures of Habit". he is the producer of "The White Album". he has great music choices which will be unlike any other extreme sport film we have seen.

·
Registered
247 Posts
More diversity would be nice, but I don't think Fela Kuti would cut it. At least not for me. I've got a fairly eclectic music collection, but most of it wouldn't really belong in an adrenaline charged extreme sports video. You need something with energy to get you amped to go out and do it too. Definitely the first descent of an 80' waterfall deserves something that really rocks.

To use an example and artist that everyone knows, can you imagine using a Pink Floyd song as the background track to that clip? It just wouldn't do it justice. Of course, jazz is one of the few genres I have no interest in and I've only heard one of Fela Kuti's albums (zombie I think it was), so maybe there are some songs you have in mind that I should check out? I'm always looking out for new stuff to listen too.

Also got to say, I like the lyrics to that song they used. Anyone know who the band is?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts