Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a little video from Sunday. Take your pick of YouTube or Vimeo. Vimeo took 24 hours to post the video, so I uploaded to YouTube while I was waiting, which seems to have much improved quality if you watch it in HD.

Not only quality boating on Sunday, but some quality hole ride entertainment while hiking.

Big South 2009 on Vimeo

YouTube - BigSouth2009

·
Registered
148 Posts
Good stuff for sure. Impressive hole rides. Sunday was a fine day indeed. That opening scene is too much!

Scott

·
Registered
463 Posts
Shit, its good to see someone firing up the gnar even if the loc dogs aren't. Maybe the new blog should be call Walkinton Heights. Way to go Lief, thats some good rodeo creekin...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Damn, that was a lot of hole time for one guy. Nice job! I I run that I think I'll set up a couple of CO2 canisters on the tail of my boat for an on-demand rocket powered push out of the recirc meat...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Meng - I don't think his swim was entirely luck... although it's always good to be lucky and obviously some luck is involved but I truly think there is some skill involved in having a succesful swim in there as well.

He used the, grab some water in the curtain, ball up and go deep technique and in Double Trouble that is the best thing you can do. Solid work on his part. The only way to really understand this technique is to swim in a big sticky hole, but the idea is to go deep down to where the water is flowing downstream and to come up beyond the boil line.A little bit tricky but this technique is definitely the best way to get out of a hole that will recirc a person, especially if there is a pool blow it.

Lifechild - I wanted to name the new site Leifsmomwalkslikeshesbeenridingahorseforaweek.com, but Pete had already taken the url. And, one of your boating co-horts, Fauntleroy, already left this a comment -

"Leif was practicing his sweet play moves in that hybrid boat a lot in BC this past weekend. Lots of inverted & sub-aqueous moves. He even did this one trick that was like ghost-riding, where he came completely out of his boat & was paddling *with* his boat but not actually *in* his boat .. we were all pretty impressed at how advanced his crossover creekstyle has become."

·
Registered
273 Posts
Snapity Snap snap!

Looked like the Little North Shit Show. That dig out of the slideways hole looked a little tired. Way to fire it up!

Life your mom looks so good on the beach in that thong bikini.

·
Registered
463 Posts
blah, blah, blah my mom this my mom that...more on the swim later but yes I was recently separated from my craft.

maybe you should try this url also;

www.IrecentlytookaSWRclassfromwigglesticksandamnowanexpertandambranding myselfasawwsaftetyexpertcauseIain'trunningtheshitnomoresotakethatsuckas.com

And Pete - If you had actually kayaked in the last 6months I might actually try to come up with a good response but you probably haven't. From what I hear the most you've been able to do is get a hard on while watching an really old twitch vhs while drinking a mai-tye in your "surf shack" but good on ya for trying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
no doubt there was some serious skill in that swim...1st try, paddle in hand, boat recovered. Wish I could have made it back this year :mad: source trip fell through for us.

Jay

·
Registered
790 Posts
Meng - I don't think his swim was entirely luck... although it's always good to be lucky and obviously some luck is involved but I truly think there is some skill involved in having a succesful swim in there as well.
Acknowledged for sure! A skillfully executed hole dive/escape. And step up sack of course on all the biguns filmed.....

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Fred, she'll be running good for the next couple weeks I'd guess. Late July likely getting pretty low, which is still lots of fun though. Keep your fingers crossed for some august releases big enough to paddle, but august will be iffy.

Best bets likely in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
929 Posts
If you all need hole ride lessons, just head to the Steakout. I am sure you will find some ladies that can tell you about the time they took my "jefe grande" for a loop or two. I, however, cannot reveal my secrets or the entire A-1 rafting company would be getting laid on a consistent basis and it would only be to soon before there were little Nelsons running around hitting little Turners in the face.

Nice work Leif.

·
doesn't need a fake name
481 Posts
Lone Wolf

Shit, its good to see someone firing up the gnar even if the loc dogs aren't. ...
Wait a second... I AM a "loc dog". I've been living in Fort Collins for like three years now. I guess I just haven't made any friends.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts