Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone want to raft the verde should hit at least 4k tomorrow. beasley to childs ? or sheep bridge

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i've never been down i'm hoping that someone is already planning on going, or would like to go that has already been down

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's going to be pretty big for the strainer filled verde, could get dicey if you don't know the run. Beaver creek is on its way to contributing 5,000cfs, clear creek was at 1,000 and there is 6,000 coming from oak creek. Would definitely be interesting, be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ran it at 3000 a couple years ago and the approach to pre falls/falls was challenging due to the amount of trees within the flow. I think tomorrow's water is going to be much bigger than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Justin,

The roads to the RAPs along the Wild & Scenic section of the Verde are nasty after a storm like this one. Make sure the Childs road is open before you drive down.
Technical rowing skills are needed to take on the Verde below Beasley.

The Verde should not be taken lightly.

-Matt

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes, 20,000!! There is at least 5 - 10 thousand washing down thru Cottonwood, but the Clarkdale gauge has been reading 83cfs throughout the flood. Think the gauge must be stuck or broke.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts