Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I love my Vanguard. It's a 12' rare Hypalon model and is one of the first boats Holly sold. I believe it is an 02 model. We've ran it hard and put it away wet and is still in perfect shape as it's built like a brick sh1thouse. The things are not light for a reason. Look it over good, especially where the thorts attach. Good luck

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hell yea......
Call Holly at Vanguard and talk to her about the boat. She is an awesome person who loves to talk about her company.
I've had my 16' everywhere and it performs great, is durable and expect it will last me for years!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
Like everything there are pros and cons

I've had my 14' VG for 6 years, been down the Grand in it, boated plenty and it's holding up great. Only problem - its kinda dirty and needs a good cleaning and some 303...

Do a search on Vanguards and look down below the quick reply box for similar threads, you'll find plenty of information.

You'll also find that some people say that glued PVC boats have problems inherent in the production. This was the case 15 - 20 years ago when they first came out but the problems have been dealt with and they're great boats.

-AH

·
Registered
193 Posts
Love mine, its 5 years old now. I am lucky enough to get 60-70 days a year on it and its holding up great!!! Never have to top it off (even on a 5 day deso trip) I wanted to put more D-rings on it and could'nt find any that matched my color, so e-mailed Holly to ask where i could buy some and she sent me 4 for free!!! I think they are great boats for the price, but there is a lot of folks here that spent way too much money for their's so they will tell you to do the same :roll: Andy has a great point, all the problems with PVC boats were 20 years ago (maravia) and i think they've got them dialed in now.... just my opinion :cool:

Happy Floating!!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Moon, You are lucky to get 60 to 70 days a year! But I don,t see a hammock mounted in the raft! All that rowing you do makes my arm tired. Vanguards are good boats PVC boats will rule the rivers.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I love my Vanguard 14'er. I did a lot of research before I bought it. I don't roll it and keep it in the garage on the trailer. It sees a LOT of use and sun, but I've had no problems with it. I only 303 it once a year. It doesn't seem to need it as much as my hypalon boat, but probably won't last as long. I think I will get a lot more use out of it by not rolling it. If you can trailer it, I'd say go for it. If you have to roll it, I would go whith hypalon. Just my $.02.

Kim

·
Registered
32 Posts
Used them for several years commercially, track nicely, much harder to turn than a Hyside, very durable, well built, and consequently very heavy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Store them inflated... creases crack over time. They are sturdy boats and Ibeam floors track nicely. Downside? They are made in China and they are pretty heavy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts