Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 9 ft. Cataract carbon fibre oars w/ Magnum blades and oar rites. They show some wear but overall are in good condition. The came w/ my raft and I'm interested in replacing them with something shorter and counterbalanced. I'd like to sell them, but have no knowledge of the used gear market in rafting. Any thoughts as to what would be a reasonable price?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Cut them off to the desired length and glue in new counterbalanced handles.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
^^ what he said.

If its used I wouldn't even look at it unless its 50% under full retail price or what I like to call high end sucker price. But thats just me. I usually wait for those kinds of items to go on sale before I'd buy. So, 20% to 30% off full suggested retail is what I'd consider to be average new cost. If taken care of right those oars will go a long way. I'd cut them down.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't think oars depreciate as quickly as other stuff. If they are in good condition, I'd say $75-90 an oar isn't bad. I got new ones off of backcountry.com last year for just about $100 per oar with free shipping. Right now, those same oars are $128. That would be just for the sticks. I'd say half off retail for the blades.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts