Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got some friends driving in from Georgia for a week and a half of boating. We're starting this weekend and need some Beta on the Durango area? Are Vallecito and Lime running? Any new or old hazards. Any info will be helpful. Matt

·
Registered
39 Posts
Snowing in D town

Vallacito does not have enough water. IT is 1.6 and needs to be 1.9. Three inches of water is a huge amount so unlesss we get some hot weather it will not run for a few weeks. The play on the animas is very good and should be good this weekend. Piedra road is said to be open and that is one of teh best runs around. Cold but good.
adios.........

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I disagree

Vallecito is perfectly runnable at 1.7 to 1.8. Maybe not ideal and all filled in like at 1.9, (Fuzzy Bunny is jammed up and may require a portage to avoid a dislocated right shoulder), but the rest of the canyon is pretty good to go, although granted a little bony in spots. However, if you're here for a week and it's between hitting it or playing on the Animas another day, Why not?

It does look like it's dropping off, so this week might be out anyway. But worth keeping an eye on, especially since they only have a week and you're going to be in the area anyway. Lime & Mineral certainly out- too high up. The Piedra is a good time- take the playboat. The Embudo isn't too far away from D-Go, nor is Escalante......

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,257 Posts
How would you know Flaco
You play in storm drains over there
If my shoulder wasnt hurt
Id show you whats running

·
Renaissance Redneck
1,257 Posts
Wait my wife has a few words for Flaco and Keel....

Josh, who do you think you are? the Vallecito Kid?
Keel - First Fork Road is not open. There are rock slides and a sink hole on it and it won't open for awhile. Piedra Road is always open.
Ciao, Babies...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whats the level?

Who's got an idea of the level? Is it a good level for a first timer on Vallecito?

Also, anyone with a level on Escalante?

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts