Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warren and I pulled the log out of trash can today. It was a mission but well worth the effort. The log was way bigger than I was expecting but with some persuasion we got it out. I was worried about not being able to paddle vallecito this year but now we can. I posted some pics. Enjoy are hard work and get up there and paddle it. Cheers

·
Registered
200 Posts
THANKS!!!!!!!!!!! that sweet, good work

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks!!!

You guys rock. Thanks for taking the time and energy to clean up Vallecito. Everyone will appreciate it!
Cheers, Eleanor

·
Registered
494 Posts
Nice cleaning.

In case you care just remember that Vallecito is in a wilderness area and motors are not allowed.

I found this out in 98 when I went to cut a log out of fuzzy bunny. On my hike up i came across an old fucker who claimed he used to work to the Forest service. Anyway, he saw the chainsaw sticking out of my pack and blocked the trail and told me that i could go no further. We exchanged words and i kept going.

When I got back to my car a forest service ranger was there waiting for me. I ended up going to court. Nothing happened because no one established that i was in fact in the wilderness area.

Anyway, be stealth.

Oh yeah, the judge told me that if i were in the creek cutting out wood that I needed a river improvement permit.

--Mut

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chainsaw

The first day we took a dewalt sawzall with 8 batteries but the log was just to big to cut with a sawzall. It had to be cut into pieces and was just to big for anything but a chainsaw. We were very aware of the no chainsaw law, to me it was worth the risk to be able to paddle Vallecito. We went in early am and luckily did not see anyone on the hike in. We did our best to conceal the saw and everything worked out for the best.

Everyone should be aware that there is a large amount of wood stuffed (not floating) into the cave of entrance falls. It is not sticking out into the falls but could be really bad if one swam there. Entrance can be tricky (I went deep my first time) so place a good late left boof stroke and your good to go.

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
Nice work getting it done. Personally I have no beef with what went down in there, but many would disagree. I hope you don't end up regretting posting those photos.

Dave

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Sick photos and good work.

D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Busted!

I Have reported you to the proper authorities and sent them pictures of your destruction of crutial endangered fish habitat. You should be planing on spending 5-7 years behind bars for your selfless actions, while we all get the goods in there. Thanks guys, you rock. Hopefully i will be healed up in time for a few runs in there this year.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks guys, Sorry I couldn't be there, but I had to hold the fort down at 4corners for TonyM while he was sitting at home popping pills and prank calling the cops about two rednecks on meth that were hunting Elk with a sawzall in vallecito drainage. :mad:
Did the job get finished? Think we need to get the cave wood out? Looked good to me as long as you make your line.
John

·
Registered
558 Posts
for those that feel bad about chainsawing in a river. if you use canola oil for the bar oil it is much better for the environment and it still does it's job. I believe there was an article in Kayak mag about it. Hinds??

nick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts