Mountain Buzz banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an upcoming Deso/Gray trip and am wondering if there are any scat machines in the State of Utah. I am from Idaho where we are fortunate enough to have such machines in strategic areas in the state for river trips. Any info regarding scat machines in utah would be greatly appreciated. If not looks like that shit is coming home with me and down to Riggins :D

·
Registered
536 Posts
It's going home with you
Deso, Cat, WW all are without any water at the take-out, much less a scat machine. Dino has a big concrete funnel and a hose, which while easy isn't very sanitary.
I pull my eco safe boxes at the dump station in Fruita on our way home.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Dump station works for Eco-safes, not for plain old ammo can or other systems without RV type fittings. To my knowledge there are no/zero scat machines in Newtah.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ya, I've often wondered why there are no scat machines in Utah. It's a shame that Utah doesn't have any scat machines. You would think that there would be a machine in a few places like Moab, Vernal, and Green River, but then again it is Utah and you know the saying "When in Utah set your clocks back 20 years". Hopefully it's just a matter of someone starting it up and getting the local boating community behind (pun intended) the effort, and making it happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts