Mountain Buzz banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back from a trip last weekend on ruby horse thief and my river shoes that I've had for a couple years now were caked with mud and crusty with salt and grime. Put them in the dishwasher with my river cap and they are like brand new. Stoked. It got me thinking though, my straps get all muddy and dirty from doing rivers in Utah and I wonder if i could put them in the dishwasher and give them a nice rinse as well. Anyway just thought I would share.

·
Registered
222 Posts
we put most our sex toys in the dishwasher we always put the glass dildos in there after backdoor play it seems pretty important

so your shoes were caked with mud........ we usually knock of the biggest pieces of mud before they go in

·
Registered
296 Posts
We got a couple double enders that don't fit in the dishwasher. I strap them to the trailer and take them to the carwash.

Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I found this to work very well with my partner steel toilet seat and scrub brush...until my wife caught me.

Kidding aside, does the heat mess with glue bonding the sole of the shoes? Dishwashers can get pretty hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz

·
Registered
362 Posts
Panama you liar. You have obviously been practicing defiling yourself for quite some time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mountain Buzz mobile app

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I used to hang out at an arborist forum where periodically one would ask if it was OK to put chain saw parts in the dishwasher.

Nooooooooo.

Take your shoes and soak/wash/rinse them somewhere else.

We paid almost 700 bucks for our Bosch and I respect tools.

BTW.
I love being played like this.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Your right we just let the dog lick them clean.

·
Registered
55 Posts
6feet, I had wondered about cleaning my straps due to fine sand getting into the webbing and causing abrasion on the tubes. I don't think the dish washer would be a good bet. Wouldn't the sand and mud "hurt" the machine? Good luck as I see this thread has taken a different direction with tips and tricks for cleaning out gutters and shafts. All we need now is a random comment from COsurfGod about my mom to bring it full circle.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Why the hell would you use your dishwasher? Maybe the clothes washer after a pre-rinse. Your river shoes are now worth more than your soon to be ruined dishwasher lol.....

·
Registered
296 Posts
In the words of the late Curly Bill, Well bye!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My girlfriend is the one who told me about washing your shoes in the dishwasher. Her old roomates were long distance runners and would always wash their shoes in the dishwasher. Turns out its pretty common practice.
Wash Shoes in Dishwasher | Brady Lou: Project Guru
You just have to make sure you turn off the dry heat cycle at the end. Then let them sun dry or I put them on my boot heaters that I use for skiing. Don't knock it until you try it. I suppose the same could be said for double ended dildos....?

·
Registered
207 Posts
PPPPFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

People thinking their dishwasher is more important than river gear or dildos???????????? Probably throw out used underwear rather than taint your clothes washing machine.
I used my dishwasher to clean stainless steel gun parts until I bought an ultra sonic cleaner, which probably isn't a good idea for glass sex ware.

·
Super Moderator
4,237 Posts
Don't they have 5-gallon buckets where you are?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts